Kat Dennings, the quintessential diva and Beth Behrs, the golden girl from 2 Broke Girls left the audience in stitches at the Nokia theatre, Los Angeles on the 8th of January. The best hosts PCA ever had?? Yeah, Just maybe!!!
PCA 2014 Trends – Calf Length dresses/ Nude Lips/ Beachy Waves/ White/ Naeem Khan
First time hosting the event, the twosome pulled off a fantastic show which included Beth singing and twerking (the sexier version definitely) and Kat being just Kat and fabulous. First Major Award show this season and the one I had my fingers crossed for since the award show disasters in 2013(AMA, EMA, Emmy, MTV to name a few). Thankfully, 2014 is off to a good start. Our favorite celebrities are still warming up to the occasion. Most of them just back from their vacations sported tanned and golden looks completing with au naturale make up. Nude lips and Messy hair (tousled bun or beachy waves) ruled the runway while Couture took a backseat in fashion. The trendy (hard to pull off) below-the-knee length was big on the red carpet with almost everyone dabbling in it, but it often doesn’t work well on anyone under 5’ 10”. Naeem Khan was clearly the trendsetter with multiple celebs wearing his creations.
Although the entire show was entertaining and funny, it was not the night for fashion. While most were visibly relaxed, some were downright inappropriate. Scroll down and let me know what you think!
BEST DRESSED: KAT DENNINGS & BETH BEHRS
WORST DRESSED: HEIDI KLUM & MALIN AKERMAN
Kat and Beth used the opportunity to showcase their sense of humor and fashion to the fullest. Opposites of each other, Kat ruled over everything dark while Beth sparkled and shined.
Kat – Old School Glamour, Classy and Sexy!!!
This woman knows what works for her and swears by them and I’m yet to see her go wrong.
- David Meister’s Signature collection with a bandeau neckline and a full skirt in luxe silk satin floral prints. Accessories – Amrapali ring and bracelets, and a Jennifer Behr head-wrap.
- Oliver Tolentino Couture strapless, peplum-waist frock in violet, dark wavy locks and magenta lips.
- Ted Baker London jumpsuit with a peek-a-boo keyhole detail and a deeper oxblood lip.
- Black Halo Eve off-the-shoulder peplum gown, accented with a sparkling, embellished waistband.
Beth – Everything that shines and sparkles!!!
- Two toned Giulietta dress, Rene Caovilla shoes, and David Webb jewelry.
- Adorable, crystallized Kate Spade New York ‘Estelle’ white dress paired with flashy silver heels, blonde curls and pink lipstick.
- Fun, fringed metallic mini gold hand beaded number from Dilek Hanif and gold strappy stilettos.
- Creamy lace mini-frock from Naeem Khan’s Resort 2014 collection. A pair of strappy, silver Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals and a ponytail ‘do.
Sheers and Whites. . .
- Jessica Alba in Jason Vu – Sophisticated as it looks, I was worried when the dress would fall off! It looks insanely uncomfortable and watching her get on stage was further proof of that.
- Jennifer Hudson in Kaufman Franco – She’s embracing her new self to the fullest and looks super good doing it. But I still miss the J-hud from SATC & Dreamgirls; she was just so huggable!
- Anna Faris in Naeem Khan – Sexy Kitten; and she didn’t even have to show skin (well, not technically at least!).
- Adelaide Kane in Rhea Costa– Pretty girl, fresh view, bold choice, looking forward to seeing her often. One to look out for? Definitely!!!
- Queen Latifah in Angela Dean – Demure and Gorgeous as always!
- Nina Dobrev in Jenny Packham – Dearest Nina, that hem is meant for people over 5′ 10″. And I was hoping for something more playful or edgier.
- Allison Janney – Sexy mom? It looks like Allison’s trying her best to win the war against ageing!
- Britney Spears in Mikael D – I’m just happy to see her wearing something regardless of what it might be!
- Olga Fonda in Giorgio Armani – She could wear the ugliest thing on earth and still look gorgeous. Having said that, this isn’t a great choice for you. I’d love to see you in something a little more dramatic!
- Sandra bullock in Peter Pilotto – She was such a breath of fresh air that I’m going to overlook the dress entirely. I wish she had opted for white shoes or clutch rather than green. She looked radiant and gorgeous as usual but the white patch at the waist looked just so out of place.
- Kaley Cuoco in Sachin + Babi – Sweety, those shoes are a definite NO!
- Sarah Michelle Gellar in Sachin + Babi – Honey, you look starved! Please go fill up a little.
- Allison Williams in David Koma– Stunningly different and bold!
The Catastrophical choices and Disasters
- Lucy Hale in Gabriela Cadena – One word sweetheart; it’s a red carpet not your best friend’s birthday. And the print is super confusing too; Is it supposed to be floral, cosmic or digital?
- Drew Barrymore in Vionnet – As adorable as she is, she looked like she wore a tent and she skipped the bra, which become super obvious once she hit the stage. She still looked super cute though!
- Melissa Joan Hart – I don’t know where she heard that she had to match the dress to her skin but she looks like she put in a lot of effort to do it. Dull and lifeless, thank God she had at least smokey eyes.
- Heidi Klum in Giorgio Armani– She’s worn so many clothes over the years that she’s forgotten what’s actually good. Or at least that’s my explanation. The low-cut black Giorgio Armani with crystal embellishments had way too much going on than necessary. Fish-tail silhouette, shoulder scallop, all-over glitter and then the plunging neckline. I honestly knew where to look and trust me; it was not her dress.
- Malin Akermanin Cushnie Et Ochs – I don’t understand! How did it stay put??? And what’s worse was her clear obliviousness to the situation. I guess she deserves an award for wearing it all night without a peek-a-boo.